The Graphic Design program is focused on teaching students how to produce and present print and digital graphic design work and graphic art in a professional client/designer environment, with a focus on logos, company branding, illustrations, still and motion graphics, and web design.
Students are taught the basics of print and web design utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud® design software. Students alter images in Photoshop, create images in Illustrator, prepare layouts using InDesign, and create websites in Dreamweaver while developing a sound understanding of design fundamentals.
The program also assists students in developing an understanding of job search principles, techniques and strategies appropriate to the industry.
Successful graduates of the GFX | Graphics Design program will:
- Visually communicate concepts and ideas for print and web design
- Produce and present work acceptable for a professional client/designer environment
- Create vector artwork by designing layers, tracing and freehand illustration, and using color and gradients
- Format and design press-ready pieces with images and typography in Adobe InDesign
- Brand and represent companies via web and social media