The Graphic Design program is focused on teaching students how to produce and present print and digital graphic design work and graphic art in a professional client/designer environment, with a focus on logos, company branding, illustrations, still and motion graphics, and web design.
Students are taught the basics of print and web design utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud design software. Students alter images in Photoshop, create images in Illustrator, prepare layouts using InDesign, and create websites in Dreamweaver while developing a sound understanding of design fundamentals.
The program also assists students in developing an understanding of job search principles, techniques and strategies appropriate to the industry.
Successful graduates of the GFX | Graphics Design program will:
- Visually communicate concepts and ideas for print and web design
- Produce and present work acceptable for a professional client/designer environment
- Create vector artwork by designing layers, tracing and freehand illustration, and using color and gradients
- Format and design press-ready pieces with images and typography in Adobe InDesign
- Brand and represent companies via web and social media