To qualify you must be a high school senior graduating in 2020. One full scholarship and two partial scholarships will be awarded for each program. Participants must select which program scholarships they’ll be competing for on test day and may not take the test more than once.
First Place: Full scholarship of $16,900 for the BMA (Broadcast Media Arts) program, the DMA (Digital Media Arts) program or the GFX (Graphic Design) program
Second Place: Partial scholarship of $8,450 for the BMA (Broadcast Media Arts) program, the DMA (Digital Media Arts) program or the GFX (Graphic Design) program
Third Place: Partial scholarship of $4,225 for the BMA (Broadcast Media Arts) program, the DMA (Digital Media Arts) program or the GFX (Graphic Design) program
To be eligible for the scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a high school senior at the time of the test and must specify which program they are interested in on the day of the test. The student may not compete in more than one high school scholarship competition.
- Eligible students must take an exam known as the Career Programs Assessment Test (CPAT) Exam at the Specs Howard School on one of the three available testing dates in order to enter the scholarship competition. Testing dates are published on the Specs Howard School website approximately one month before the testing begins.
- Candidates with the top 10 scores on the CPAT exam from all three testing dates will be selected as finalists. Finalists will be notified and invited to the school to write an essay and meet with a panel of judges from the industry. The total scores of the three-part competition will then be calculated (Scoring: 40% CPAT, 30% Essay, 30%Interview) and the ten finalists will be ranked in order with the top three being awarded scholarships.
- Recipients will receive written documentation from Specs Howard School acknowledging scholarship approval.
- Upon being awarded a scholarship, recipients must contact the Admissions Department of the Specs Howard School within 30 days in order to redeem the scholarship.
•Specs Howard School High School Scholarships must be used for enrollment within 12 months from the date of the recipient’s highschool graduation.
- Recipients will be required to meet the Specs Howard School standard entrance requirements or the scholarship will be invalid.
- Specs Howard School will attempt to put recipients in the class of their choice; however, the school reserves the right to select a specific class start date.
- First Place in the Specs Howard High School Scholarship Competition is valued at
$16,900 and will be used for tuition purposes only. Second Place in the Specs Howard High School Scholarship Competition is valued at $8,450 and will be used for tuition purposes only. Third Place in the Specs Howard High School Scholarship Competition is valued at $4,225 and will be used for tuition purposes only. These scholarships have no redeemable cash value and cannot be sold, transferred, or applied to any other costs. The scholarship funds will be credited incrementally to the student’s account at the beginning of each of the three semesters within the program. Each increment will equal one-third of the total value of the scholarship. Any interruption of training, change of program, or withdrawal, may result in cancellation of the scholarship award. The student also understands that a change of status may impact eligibility.
- Recipients are subject to all policies and procedures, as published in the Specs Howard School Catalog and Student Handbook, including but not limited to grades, attendance and behavior.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for any other Specs Howard scholarship, including the Imagine America Scholarship.
- This scholarship is unavailable to currently enrolled, attending, transfer and/or reinstated students.
- A limited amount of scholarships are available per year and will be awarded on a first-come, first served basis.