Specs Howard’s 12-month Broadcast Media Arts (BMA) program trains students in the core radio, television and new media broadcasting skills needed to bring stories to life on-air and on the web.
A blended curriculum provides students with online learning, hands-on experience, and on-site training in multiple editing labs, radio and television studios, and on-campus radio stations.
Successful BMA graduates will possess the knowledge, skills, and competencies to:
- Deliver on-air news, sports, weather and features
- Write news stories for on-air broadcast
- Market and manage company branding via web and social media
- Edit program material using non-linear editing stations
- Operate professional news gathering equipment
- Work with industry-standard software to create audio, video and graphic effects