The Graphic Design (GFX) program teaches students how to produce and present print and digital graphic design work and graphic art in a professional client/designer environment, with a focus on logos, company branding, illustrations, still and motion graphics, and web design.
Students learn the basics of print and web design utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud apps. Students alter images in Photoshop, create images in Illustrator, prepare layouts using InDesign, and create websites in WordPress and Dreamweaver, while developing a sound understanding of design fundamentals.
Students develop an understanding of the principles, techniques and strategies of searching for a job in the industry.
Successful GFX graduates will possess the knowledge, skills and competencies to:
- Visually communicate concepts and ideas for print and web design
- Produce and present work acceptable for a professional client/designer environment
- Create vector artwork by using layers, tracing and freehand illustration, and color and gradients
- Format and design press-ready pieces with images and typography in Adobe InDesign
- Brand and represent companies via web and social media